Island Collection, the dream of Phil and Regina Carpenter, is the result of their shared passion for travel to exotic places and the casual elegance of island living. As children they both lived abroad and were influenced by the many countries and especially the islands where they resided. Each developed an affinity for warm tropical breezes and island state-of-mind.
At the request of many of their clients, they began to design furniture to capture the essence of true island living and to meet specific design needs. As a result their interior design business naturally evolved into a full line of furniture designed by Phil and hand made in Bali exclusively for Island Collection.
Phil and Regina met in 1984 and soon after set about to travel the world together, specifically the Caribbean, the South Pacific and South East Asia. Soon their vacations became buying expeditions for their blossoming interior design business, a natural progression for Phil who holds a masters degree in Interior Design and Regina an artist and photographer. Their combined artistic backgrounds allow them to select truly unique pieces.
Phil Carpenter (A.S.I.D., N.C.I.D.Q.) holds a masters degree in interior design and is a professional member of the American Society of Interior Designers, with over 20 years design experience.
- Masters Degree in Interior Design, Florida State University
- Florida Licensed Interior Designer #0000048
- National Council for Interior Design Qualifications (N.C.I.D.Q.) certified
- Designs published in Florida Design, Orlando Design and Southern Living Magazines, etc.
- Frequently seen nationally on HGTV
- Furniture and interior design projects throughout the U.S. and Caribbean
- Full interior design staff available
- Traveled the islands of the world and studied “Island Style” architecture and interior design